The Women's Center
The Women’s Center assists women experiencing major transitions, with focus especially on displaced homemakers -- women who are separated, divorced, widowed, or living with a disabled spouse or partner.
Located in a warm, confidential setting, the Women’s Center works with women in transition to help them gain personal and economic self-sufficiency. The commitment to helping women reach their goals is achieved through job readiness training, education, networking, outreach and referrals to other agency services as needed.
Read the NEW newsletter from the JFS Women's Center, about timely programs and events in: The Women's Center at JFS, February 2017
Services are free to women who qualify as displaced homemakers.
- Career interest and aptitude assessment
- Educational and career counseling
- Job readiness/job search training
- Resume writing and interview preparation
- Computer Classes
- Life skills workshops
- Financial management/budgeting
- Information on financial aid for education
- Case management
- Intra-agency referrals for mental health counseling, immigration and essential needs
- Referrals to community-based agencies for housing, rental and utility assistance
Workshop topics include:
- Domestic violence
- Divorce: know your rights
- In-demand careers for women
- Time management
- Social media for job search
- Balancing work and family
- Stress Management
Next Workshop is a two-part Financial Education 101 series on February 22 and March 1, 2017: JFS Financial Education 2017
NEW JFS Womens Support Group - NEW starting February 27, and every Monday, 11am - 12:30pm
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women’s Center is funded by the NJ Department of Children and Families, the Division on Women and the United Way of Central Jersey.
If you or someone you know can benefit from what the Women's Center has to offer, call JFS at 732-777-1940.